The advantages of high-speed cutting technology in contemporary CNC lathe
Today, high-speed cutting technology is used to machine molds, and it brings many advantages to the CNC machining industry:
1. Greatly improve the processing efficiency, not only the machine speed is high, the feed is fast, and the rough finishing can be completed at one time, which greatly improves the production efficiency. Combined with the numerical control technology, the manufacturing cycle of the mold can be shortened by about 40%.
2. The high-speed cutting mold does not need to be an electrode, and does not require subsequent grinding and polishing. It is also easy to automate the processing process and improve the development speed of the mold.
3. High-speed cutting technology can be used to process hardened steel, and high surface quality can be obtained. The machining effect of milling and grinding is achieved, which not only saves a lot of time, but also improves the quality of the machined surface.
In order to achieve high-speed machining of the mold cavity and its related parts, CNC lathes also need to have the following characteristics:
1. Large load-bearing and high rigidity are due to the development of the mold in the direction of large-scale, and the processing equipment must have a sufficiently large table size and working stroke to adapt to it.
Nowadays, molds of several tons to several tens of tons are very common, requiring machine tool work surfaces to withstand large weights. The strength and hardness of the mold material are very high, and the mold cavity is often processed by a small-diameter end mill with a large elongation, so that the process is prone to chattering. In order to ensure the machining accuracy and surface quality of the parts, high-speed machine tools used in mold manufacturing must have high dynamic and static stiffness to improve the positioning accuracy, tracking accuracy and vibration resistance of the machine.
2. High-speed and high-power high-speed machining is the development direction, and high-speed milling has shown great advantages in mold processing. In order to adapt to the machining of the cavity surface of the mold, the radius of the tool should be smaller than the minimum circumferential radius of the cavity surface to avoid "interference" between the tool and the workpiece during the machining process. Due to the small diameter of the tool, the spindle speed is required to be very high. The cavities and other parts of the mold parts are often rough and finished in the workpiece one-time clamping, so the spindle power is large, and the spindle power of the medium-sized mold milling machine and machining center is often 10-40kW, and some even higher.
3. Multi-axis linkage and good deep hole cavity comprehensive cutting ability The mold cavity is composed of complex space 6 curved surface and groove, and many molds have deep cavity. In order to achieve high precision, high speed and high stability processing of 3D surfaces, the machine tool needs multi-axis linkage and has a good deep hole cavity comprehensive cutting capability. A five-axis linkage machining center can be used, in addition to the linear motion of three coordinates, there are two feed motions of the rotation coordinates. The milling head or table can be continuously rotated with multi-axis linkage, making it suitable for machining mold parts with complex cavity surfaces.