Folding divides the milling machine according to the layout form and the applicable range
1. Elevator milling machine: There are universal, horizontal and vertical, etc., mainly used for processing small and medium-sized parts, the most widely used.
2. Gantry milling machines: including gantry milling and boring machines, gantry milling machines and double-column milling machines, all for processing large parts.
3. Single-column milling machine and single-arm milling machine: The former horizontal milling head can be moved along the column guide rail, and the table can be fed longitudinally; the latter vertical milling head can be moved horizontally along the cantilever rail, and the cantilever can also be adjusted along the column rail. Both are used to machine large parts.
4. Workbench does not have a lifting and milling machine: There are two kinds of rectangular working table and round working table. It is a medium-sized milling machine between the lifting table milling machine and the portal milling machine. The vertical movement is accomplished by lifting the milling head up and down the column.
5. Instrument Milling Machine: A small lifting table milling machine for processing instrumentation and other small parts.
6. Tool Milling Machine: It is used for mold and tool manufacturing. It is equipped with a variety of accessories such as vertical milling head, universal angle table and plug. It can also be used for drilling, boring and inserting.
7. Other milling machines: such as keyway milling machines, cam milling machines, crankshaft milling machines, roll journal milling machines and square ingot milling machines, etc., are special milling machines manufactured for the corresponding workpieces.
Folding by structure
(1) Bench milling machine: A small milling machine for milling small parts such as instruments and meters.
(2) Cantilever milling machine: The milling machine is equipped with a milling head mounted on the cantilever. The bed is horizontally arranged. The cantilever can be moved vertically along the column rail on one side of the bed. The milling head moves along the cantilever rail.
(3) Ram type milling machine: a milling machine with a spindle mounted on a ram.
(4) Gantry milling machine: The bed is horizontally arranged, and the columns and connecting beams on both sides constitute the milling machine of the gantry. The milling head is mounted on beams and columns and can be moved along its guide rails. Usually the beam can move vertically along the column guide rail, and the table can be moved longitudinally along the bed rail for large-scale machining.
(5) Face milling machine: Milling machine for milling plane and forming surface.
(6) Copy milling machine: A milling machine that performs contouring on a workpiece. Generally used to machine complex shaped workpieces.
(7) Elevator milling machine: A milling machine with a lifting platform that can move vertically along the rail of the bed. The table and saddle that are usually mounted on the lifting platform can be moved longitudinally and laterally, respectively.
(8) Radial arm milling machine: Rocker milling machine can also be called turret milling machine, rocker milling, universal milling, machine tool turret milling machine is a light general-purpose metal cutting machine with vertical and horizontal milling functions, which can be milled, Plane, bevel, groove and spline of small parts.
(9) Bed-type milling machine: The table can not be lifted and lowered, and can be moved longitudinally and laterally along the bed rail. The milling head or column can be used as a vertically moving milling machine.
(10) Special milling machines: for example, tool milling machines: milling machines for milling tooling tools with high machining precision and complex machining shapes.
Folding by control
Milling machines can be divided into copy milling machines, program control milling machines and CNC milling machines.
Folding editing this section of milling cutter classification
It is used to machine planes, steps, grooves, forming surfaces and cutting workpieces on a milling machine.
Milling cutters are divided into several common types according to their use:
1 cylindrical milling cutter: used for machining planes on horizontal milling machines. The teeth are distributed on the circumference of the milling cutter and are divided into straight teeth and spiral teeth according to the tooth shape. According to the number of teeth, there are two kinds of coarse teeth and fine teeth. Spiral tooth coarse-tooth milling cutter has a small number of teeth, high tooth strength and large chip space, suitable for rough machining; fine-tooth milling cutter is suitable for finishing.
2-sided milling cutter: used for vertical milling machines, face milling machines or milling machines, gantry milling machines, upper machining planes, cutters on the end faces and circumferences, as well as coarse and fine teeth. The structure has three types: integral type, insert type and indexable type.
3 end mills: used to machine grooves and step surfaces, etc., the teeth are on the circumference and end faces, and can not be fed in the axial direction during operation. When the end mill has a center end tooth, it can be fed axially (usually a double-edged end mill is also called a "keyway cutter" for axial feed).
4 three-sided edge milling cutter: used to machine a variety of grooves and step faces, with teeth on both sides and circumference.
5 angle milling cutter: used to mill a groove at a certain angle, there are two kinds of single angle and double angle milling cutter.
6 saw blade milling cutter: used to machine deep grooves and cut workpieces, with more teeth on the circumference. In order to reduce the friction during milling, there are 15'~1° secondary declinations on both sides of the cutter. In addition, there are keyway milling cutters, dovetail milling cutters, T-slot milling cutters and various forming cutters.
The structure of the milling cutter is divided into four types:
1 integral: the body and the cutter are made in one piece.
2 integral welding gear type: the cutter teeth are made of hard alloy or other wear-resistant tool materials and brazed on the cutter body.
3 Inlay type: The cutter teeth are fastened to the cutter body by mechanical clamping. The replaceable teeth can be either the cutter head of the overall tool material or the cutter head of the welding tool material. The milling cutter with the cutter head mounted on the cutter body is called the internal sharpening type; the cutter head is separately sharpened on the clamp, which is called the external sharpening type.
4 indexable type: This structure has been widely used in face milling cutters, end mills and three-sided milling cutters.